September 3rd, 2021
Welcome Back Information for Elmira District SS
On behalf of the staff of Elmira District SS, we welcome everyone to the 2021-2022 school year. We are anticipating an exciting school year for everyone.
As part of the school year start-up, parents and caregivers are asked to review information to help you navigate the upcoming school year. Some of the information requires a response and other information is posted for your review. All the information can be found on the School Year Information section of the WRDSB website.
You will find this year some of the requirements for the “Action Required Information” have changed. This includes:
- Data Verification Forms
- A copy of this form has been provided to your student. This form verifies your child’s information, as well as your contact and emergency contact preferences. Please review the information and return to the school by Friday September 10, 2021.
- Do Not Ride – Student Transportation
- The Do Not Ride Form must be completed annually by parents of children who qualify for busing but will not ride because the parent has made alternative arrangements. If not already completed, and qualified transportation is not required, please complete the online form and submit to Student Transportation.
- Release of Student Information (Media Release Consent Form)
- A copy of this form is distributed yearly to each student and covers the use of student information for a variety of situations, including student photographs and recordings. In addition to this form, there are a variety of general purpose situations where schools and the board will use your child’s personal information that DO NOT require this additional consent form. An explanation of these routine uses and disclosures are outlined. This form is available on School-Day for parent acknowledgement and paper copies will not be sent home.
- Responsible Use Policy
- Digital Citizenship refers to online behaviour. A good digital citizen is someone who behaves appropriately and responsibly while using digital tools. The WRDSB has developed a Responsible Use Policy (RUP) Form which is also available on School-Day for parent acknowledgement. The RUP aligns with our school community standards of behaviour, and sets expectations for staff, students, and parents/guardians. This form is also available on School-Day for parent acknowledgement and paper copies will not be sent home.
- Concussion Code of Conduct
- The Concussion Code of Conduct for Inter-School Sports has been developed to comply with the requirements of Policy-Program Memorandum 158, released September 25, 2019. The Waterloo Region District School Board has also developed a Concussion Management Procedure to support our students and coaches in dealing with concussions. This form is also available on School-Day for parent acknowledgement and paper copies will not be sent home.
- Medical Information
- If your child has a recently diagnosed medical condition (e.g., anaphylaxis, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy/ seizures or requires prescribed medication during the school day), please contact the school office as a Plan of Care may need to be developed. If additional information/action is required, appropriate forms, including administration of medication forms will be sent home for families to complete.
- If your student has a previously diagnosed medical condition, a paper copy of the Plan of Care will be sent home for review and parent signature.
If you have any questions about the “Action Required” Information for the 2021-2022 school year, please contact the school office at (519)669-5414.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Mr. B. Marsh
Elmira District Secondary School