September 25th, 2023
Blended Learning Day: Wed, Sept 27, 2023
- The EDSS school schedule can be found below.
- During the morning, secondary teachers will engage in Professional Development to support the expansion of de-streaming and single streaming.
- Students will have remote asynchronous learning in the morning and short remote synchronous meets for each class in the afternoon.
- In the morning, students will participate in asynchronous learning by logging into their class VLE (Virtual Learning Environment = Brightspace or Google Classroom), and complete the work provided by their teachers for all their courses.
- Learning in the afternoon is REMOTE and SYNCHRONOUS. Students will be provided a synchronous session for each course to support the work that was assigned in the morning. Students will be expected to be available to meet with their teacher and classes as directed by their teachers.
- Blended Learning Days are instructional days, so attendance will be taken; “Students will learn asynchronously and synchronously this day. Attendance will be taken by the teacher for each period. Teachers will take attendance once for the day based on student engagement at any point in the day.
- A supervised study space will be available in the morning for students who chose an in person environment at school.
- ACE students will attend school with regular programming and following regular attendance procedures.
- Transportation will run at regular times.
BLENDED LEARNING DAY SCHEDULE
Sept 27, 2023
8:10 am – 10:45 am
Remote – ASYNCHRONOUS Learning
Students are to log-in to their virtual classroom and complete the work provided by their teachers for all of their courses.
Student – Plan to spend approximately 35 minutes on each course.
|10:45 am – 11:45 am||LUNCH|
|11:45 am – 12:20 pm||Period A|
|12:25 pm – 1:00 pm||Period B|
|1:05 pm – 1:40 pm||Period D|
|1:45 pm – 2:20 pm||Period C|